Days ago we started a thread in our community about who listens to what podcasts. The outcome was a list of podcasts we listen to and would recommend, be them HR related or not. So if you’re on your way to work, doing laundry or just in the mood for some learning, here’s what you can listen to:
The Future of Work
The Future of Work is a weekly show where the host has in-depth discussions with senior executives and business leaders around the world on the future of work. Each episode of the podcasts explores a new topic and features a special guest. Why is the world of work changing? How is work changing? What do you and your organization need to do about it?
Some cool episode you can start with from The Future of Work:
- CEO Of IDEO On How Leaders Can Apply Design Thinking Inside Of Their Organizations And Why They Must
- Founder of Ritz-Carlton on creating purpose for your employees, why it matters, and how to do it
- How one of the largest global apparel companies is building the HR function
We are HR
We are HR podcast gives you access to key market insights and knowledge from some of the most sought after HR Professionals right now.
You can start with:
- Alana Bennett - Head of Talent at oOh!media about employer brand, consumer brand, and candidate experience and how these aspects have been linked together to create their award winning onboarding process.
- David Bowering - GM, People Services at Australian Unity who shares tips for other HR professionals looking to climb the ranks. They also talk about “the moments that matter” and these can impact the employee experience and engagement.
You can find HR Daily Advisor’s podcast on Soundcloud.
The mission of HR Works is to provide clear, relevant, actionable information on topics that matter to HR professionals through engaging and insightful interviews with experts and thought leaders.
Try these episodes first to feel the flavor of the podcast:
- HR Works: Great Culture Requires Conscious Leadership
- HR Works: 10 Minutes of Recognition Makes All the Difference
- HR Works 73: What Will HR Look Like in 2025?
The Employer Branding Podcast
In this weekly show, international employer brand leaders, rebels, and innovators share their favorite tactics and strategies. From challenger brands with momentum – to leading companies such as GE, Walmart, Unilever, Wells Fargo, and Salesforce.
If you’re interested to listen more, try first:
- Building brands people want to work for, with Ellen Kapoor
- How Wells Fargo Banks on Employer Branding, with Aaron Kraljev
- How the FBI Does Employer Branding, with Peter Sursi
Google Podcast - Work Life with Adam Grant
Organizational psychologist Adam Grant takes you inside the minds of some of the world’s most unusual professionals to explore the science of making work not suck. From learning how to love criticism to harnessing the power of frustration, one thing’s for sure: You’ll never see your job the same way again.
Some episodes we recommend:
- The Perils of Following Your Career Passion
- How to Remember Anything
- The Daily Show’s Secret to Creativity
The advice show for workplace dilemmas. They take your questions and offer a better way forward.
You can start with:
Ted RADIO Hour
The TED Radio Hour is a journey through fascinating ideas: astonishing inventions, fresh approaches to old problems, new ways to think and create. Based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, power shifts, or inexplicable connections. The TED Radio Hour is hosted by Guy Raz, and is a co-production of NPR & TED.
We recommend the following episodes:
For more HR focused podcasts, check Alex’s article 21 Podcasts for Human Resources Professionals on HRNews.co.
Thanks to all those who engaged in the conversation. Hope you’ll enjoy our recommendations!